Prague Asterix Laser System, Prague, Czech Republic
- development and application of plasma-based point sources of non-coherent soft x-rays,
- development and application of plasma-based soft x-ray lasers,
- development and application laser plasma sources of highly-charged high-energy ions,
- study of matter in conditions of extreme pressures and temperatures, with respect to the needs of material sciences, laboratory astrophysics, thermonuclear research and other scientific fields.
Institute of Plasma Physics, v.v.i.
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Na Slovance 2
182 21 Prague 8
Czech Republic Prague
Laserlab-Europe offers unique research opportunities to scientists from all over Europe and to a limited extent also to scientists from outside Europe. Access is provided
• to world-class laser research facilities,
• to a large variety of inter-disciplinary research, including life sciences,
• free of charge, including travel and accommodation.
Access is provided on the basis of scientific excellence of the proposal, reviewed by an external and independent Selection Panel. Priority is given to new users. A typical access project has a duration of 2 to 4 weeks. Applications for longer visits are highly exceptional.
Details about the submission procedure can be found here. Applicants are encouraged to contact any of the facilities directly to obtain additional information and assistance in preparing a proposal. Applications for access are possible anytime.
We particularly welcome young scientists and scientists who have never used lasers in their research before. Laserlab-Europe strives to promote gender equality in scientific research and specifically encourages applications from women.