Diamond

Diamond Light Source

Diamond Light Source Ltd is a Private Limited Company which was constituted following the signing of a Joint Venture Agreement the UK Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and The Wellcome Trust. The UK Government (through STFC) own 86% of the shares in Diamond, with the Wellcome Trust the remaining 14%.


Diamond is a 3rd Generation 3GeV synchrotron light source which has a 1MeV linear accelerator (Linac), and full energy (1MeV-3 GeV) Booster. Top-Up mode became available in 2008. Diamond has been operating since January 2007, when the first 7 beamlines became operatonal. By the end of 2012 the number of operational beamlines will increase to 22, with 32 operational by 2018.

Diamond has many Special Peformance beamlines including:

- I12 (Joint Engineering, Environmental & Processing) - which will be able to provide tomographic data on large engineering components of up to 2 tonnes, with a scanning area of 1m x 1m under real world conditions - a unique feature in Europe and the world. It has a high intensity beam for undertaking diffraction and imaging experiments. (Currently operational).

- I20 (Versatile X-ray Spectroscopy) has a four-bounce monochromator which will allow constant energy resolution and spectral purity of the x-ray beam, in contrast with the other spectroscopybeamlines in Europe. (Operational in 2012).

- I09 (Surfaces & interface structural analysis) isunique in it's ability to analyse samples with both hard and soft X-rays.

Diamond
Beamlines
contacts
Diamond Light Source Ltd
Diamond House Harwell Science and Innovation Campus Didcot, Oxfordshire
PGEgaHJlZj0ibWFpbHRvOmRsc2VucXVpcmllc0BkaWFtb25kLmFjLnVrIj4gICAgICAgIGRsc2VucXVpcmllc0BkaWFtb25kLmFjLnVrICAgIDwvYT4=
TEL. +44(0)1235 778000
FAX. +44(0)1235 778499
Diamond
beamstatus
Diamond
call for proposals
  • First Wednesday in April (17:00) (for the period 1st October 31st March)
  • First Wednesday in October (17:00) (for the period 1st April to 30th September).

Details for the next calls for Direct Access and Programme Mode are on the web at: http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Users .

In addition to call deadlines specified above, there are also opportunities for rapid access to some beamlines. More details are given on the Diamond website by using the specified link.

Diamond are updating our User Administration System (https://uas.diamond.ac.uk) to be compliant with the SPF 2 format currently under development.
Submit here
in partnership with